How Often Do I Really Need To See The Dentist?
Not sure how often you need to visit the dentist in Sarasota? Want to find out if you’re overdue for an appointment with Dr. Robert Miller at Sarasota Bay Dental, or learn more about the benefits of routine visits?
How Often Should I See The Dentist? Every Six Months!
The ADA (American Dental Association) and the vast majority of dentists recommend that patients see a dentist like Dr. Miller for a cleaning every six months for a routine teeth cleaning and oral exam. This recommendation has been in place for decades, and continues to be the best option for most dental patients.
There are some exceptions for patients who may have serious oral health issues and need more frequent appointments, or for those with excellent oral health. But for most patients, six-month visits are the best option.
Why Are Six-Month Visits Important? Protecting Your Oral Health
Not sure why six-month preventive care visits matter? Here are a few benefits of coming to Sarasota Bay Dental every six months for a teeth cleaning and oral exam.
- Catch oral health problems early – Consistent appointments with Dr. Miller will allow him to track your oral health, look for signs of cavities and gum disease, and take note of any potential issues before they become more severe and require further treatment.
- Save time & money by avoiding further treatments – Catching a cavity early, for example, may mean you can get a fluoride treatment and avoid a filling. This means you’ll save time and money if you see the dentist regularly for six-month visits.
- Get a brighter smile, peace of mind – Professional cleanings help remove surface stains from your teeth, providing you with a brighter smile. Not only that, but you’ll get peace of mind after you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, and you’ll know your smile is in great shape.
What To Expect At Your Next Dental Visit At Sarasota Bay Dental
If it’s been a little while since you’ve seen the dentist, you may be wondering what happens during a routine cleaning and oral exam. Here’s what to expect:
- Teeth cleaning – First, a hygienist will conduct a basic oral exam. Then, they will scrape plaque and tartar away from your teeth, buff and polish them with a high-powered toothbrush, then floss your teeth to remove any remaining debris.
- Oral exam – Dr. Miller will discuss your oral health with your hygienist, then perform a comprehensive oral exam to look for signs of common oral health problems. After he’s done, he’ll tell you what he’s found, and if you need to take any further steps.
- X-rays – X-rays are usually recommended for new patients at Sarasota Bay Dental. After your first consultation, they’re typically every 2-3 years to keep track of your oral health.
Need An Appointment In Sarasota? Come And See Dr. Miller Today!
Regular dental appointments are essential for your oral health, and at Sarasota Bay Dental, we’re always accepting new patients. If you’re overdue for a cleaning, don’t wait. Just contact us online or give us a call at (941) 200-3723 to get an appointment with Dr. Miller, and get the dental care you need at a price you can afford.